[OM] Re: A Stupid Question (on topic, kinda)

Subject: [OM] Re: A Stupid Question (on topic, kinda)
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 10:36:05 -0700
At 09:35 AM 11/01/2005, Boris ("Alienspecimen") wrote:

>Actually I have a couple of questions, but later on that...How dirty and
>how do you clean the digital sensors on your cameras?
>
>Reason I am aksking is, because I would like to finally own a digital
>SLR.  I am sick and tired of the never ending quest for keeping the dust
>away from canera and film, but I am not sure I see anything that would suit me.

[snip]

Boris:

Find yourself a large, heavy-duty plastic bag (possibly a clear garbage bag
or somesuch).  It should be large enough to fit your camera, your hands and
one extra lens comfortably.  Change your lenses inside this bag, on the
ground, facing towards the wind (so that the opening is facing away from
the wind).

I've used this technique before, and it generally works well.  The bag
should be heavy gauge, so that "snapping" in the wind won't shred it.  You
can also make such a bag out of heavy-duty plastic sheeting available at
hardware stores (the advantage of this approach is that you can custom-size
the bag).  This is a cheap, lightweight solution and can be folded and
stuffed into a pocket.  It's also easy to dispose of should it get
dirty.  Just buy/make a new one!

Garth