[OM] Re: Oh yeah, now I remember

Subject: [OM] Re: Oh yeah, now I remember
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 21:34:42 -0800
> From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> Should I invest in a nice used 4000dpi (or greater) scanner
> (with Digital ICE) and continue to shoot Velvia for a while?

Why not! "Be an anachronism," is my motto! In fact, I've taken it a
step further: I got a drum scanner for my 4"x5" trannies. Scanned at
5400 spi, those suckers have ***500 MEGAPIXELS*** in them! Assuming
Moore's Law continues to hold true, digital will take 7.5 years (18
months * 2^^5 * 16Mpix) to catch up.

Of course, the hardest part is finding clients who can afford my
70"x50" 500Mpix images... :-(

:::: We are like tenant farmers chopping down the fence around our
house for fuel when we should be using nature's inexhaustible sources
of energy - sun, wind and tide. I'd put my money on the sun and solar
energy. What a source of power! I hope we don't have to wait until oil
and coal run out before we tackle that.
-- Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
:::: Jan Steinman <mailto:Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/Item/80BF02>