[OM] Re: Archiving Digital Images - was Re: Oh yeah, now I remember

Subject: [OM] Re: Archiving Digital Images - was Re: Oh yeah, now I remember
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 20:52:56 +1100
I heard tell of a pro who just uses a fresh external hard drive each
month - they're in the cupboard labelled 'Jan, Feb, March...'  -
reckons it's the cheapest, most reliable and easiest way to work and
archive mass files.
Another local pro hung a range of image loaded CD's on the clothes line
in all weathers and checked them every so often - Kodak Gold lasted
longest, still good at 6 months. TDK came in third (can't remember
second place)
AndrewF