[OM] Re: EPSON 2200 PHTO STYLUS PRINTER

Subject: [OM] Re: EPSON 2200 PHTO STYLUS PRINTER
From: "Alienspecimen" <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 09:07:00 -0500 (EST)

Tom wrote:
"Epsons are not known...." is just wrong.
Hmmm...no, not really.
I mentioned the clogging, but it is not exactly what I had in mind.  I meant
the quality of materials in the unit which brought the reliability down.
My Epson had a perpetual clogging problem and it appeared that my case was not
unique.  I don't remember what inks others were using, but now when I think
about it, it seems that with Epson inks the clogging was not as frequent.  I do
not have a direct experience with the 2200, but when looking around I read user
reviews about their mid and high-end products and reliability was more of an
issue.
I personally switched, because Canon was ahead of the game in terms of printing
speed, size of drops, reliability, number of ink cartriges and the most
important, I can actually print after midnight without the risk of sleeping on
the couch for the rest of the week or the neighbors hearing me doing it
(printing that is)...ok, exaggerating slightly here...as I originally stated,
it might be worth looking at the Canons.
Ciao
Boris

Reason has always existed, but not always in a reasonable form.

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com