[OM] (OM) Solstice web-site news

Subject: [OM] (OM) Solstice web-site news
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 10:55:28 +1300
Hi all

No fresh news. We are still awaiting scans of printed images from at least
two participants - (or by default the recipients - but that shouldn't be
necessary).

Also, at least two envelopes have still to reach target.  One from Fernando in
Uruguay, to the USA; and one from WebMaster, to Chicago; have not arrived
yet.  (Do you think Lynne Truss would approve of this use of commas and
semi-colons? I think so! )

I hope this is indicative of merely the chaos that Christmas mail generates,
and does not demonstrate how international mail normally functions.
Fernando told me that he sent a track&trace letter to Canada, and as far as
he could tell from the track&trace it was sent to Yugoslavia. Since
Yugoslavia no longer exists and has not done so for more than a decade, it
sounds as though somebody needs a significant tune-up.

A useful item for debate later may be the desirability of moving the critical
dates for Solstice exchanges some weeks forward so as to avoid northern
Hemisphere summer vacations, and the Christmas/New Year postal chaos.

Brian
P.S. Lynne Truss as in "Eats, Shoots and Leaves" complete with pictures of
big pandas..