[OM] Re: OT - Which Version of Photoshop?

Subject: [OM] Re: OT - Which Version of Photoshop?
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 23:50:10 -0800
From: "Jamie Costello" <jcostel1168@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> ...which version of Photoshop
> has an optimal balance of features to ease-of-use.

I see no reason (well, cost) for not getting the latest Photoshop CS.

Earlier versions are not any easier to use. But you can get them cheap
on evilBay.

If you buy an earlier version, be certain it is the original disk and
that the owner will legally transfer it to you. Adobe has a formal
procedure that involves the seller downloading a form and filling it
out. It's basically a legal affidavit certifying that no copies have
been made.

Once you have a legal old version, you can upgrade it.

Either way you go about it, plan on ending up with PSCS, the latest
version, a.k.a Photoshop 8.

BTW: my Photoshop class notes can be freely downloaded. Go to my
website and click on "Class Stuff".

:::: The hope of a secure and livable world lies with disciplined
nonconformists who are dedicated to justice, peace and brotherhood. -
Martin Luther King Jr.
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.Bytesmiths.com>