[OM] Re: (OM) Solstice web-site news // 28f2.8 reprise.

Subject: [OM] Re: (OM) Solstice web-site news // 28f2.8 reprise.
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 22:03:06 -0800
Fernando Gonzalez Gentile wrote:

>So, do you think the quoted paragraph from Mr. Hésharu Nozawa doesn't make
>sense? Even after reading the enclosed document on Pen FT uneven f-stop
>marks?

Scanned the first, looked like goobeldygook, didn't read the second.

>I do think it doesn't make sense and is contradictory but then, I'm not a
>native English speaker either, nor am I an optical engineer. And, after all,
>the question/finding remains unsolved.

Just saying that, for me, this is not a technical thicket I'm interested
in diving into. (Remember, my reply was in response to your question as
to why there were no replies to your earlier posts on the subject.) All
just a matter of taste, as I dive happily into others. In this case, the
result, and its practical consequences are useful to know, but how they
came about doesn't strike me as worth the trouble of pursuing. Should
some other member(s) do the dirtywork and present a coherent and
resonably conscise explanation, I will be happy to read and learn. That
stuff from Japan doesn't meet the criteria.

Moose