[OM] Re: OM to E adaptor, Oz perspective

Subject: [OM] Re: OM to E adaptor, Oz perspective
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 08:33:14 -0500
Wayne said:
Yes, technically this is not difficult, especially when you consider
that the MA-1 does not have any linkages for aperture position and
aperture stop down between the body and lens ends.  To make it easier
you can cannibalise much of the adapter from a cheap OM mount
teleconverter (plenty of these available really cheaply at camera
shows).

The EOS to OM adapter is probably a bit more difficult as it needs to be
quite thin.

By the way, can any MA-1 owners tell me if there are any electrical
contacts on the adapter (don't recall seeing any in images on the web) ?

John, do you think this is doable for less than $US175 a piece ?

No, there are no electrical connections but it's still apparently
tougher or costlier than you might think.

When the existence of the MA-1 first became known, but Olympus had not
yet announced that it would be available in the US, I contacted Joe
Beljan of Beljan Mfg. who are the makers of the OM-1/2 motor drive
covers that you find on oboy.

At first, Joe sounded very keen on producing a copy of the MA-1 but,
after I supplied him some close-up photos, he decided that he could not
be competitive with Cameraquest's price of $175.  YMMV

Chuck Norcutt