[OM] Re: f-stops (Was: Solstice web-site news)

Subject: [OM] Re: f-stops (Was: Solstice web-site news)
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 14:19:46 +0000
Chris,

I believe this fellow's explanation of f-stops, et al., because:

1. It's precisely what I was taught at university in Photography 311, the first
of a series of required courses for photojournalism majors.

2. I have the full set of the Kodak Data Handbooks, and it is exactly what they
say, as per the quote I posted yesterday from the "Kodak Lenses" portion.  The
same explanation is found in other diverse publications on my shelves.

3. I have seen nothing, either in print or on the Internet, of an authorative
and credible nature that contradicts it.

4. He agrees with me, and that alone is reason enough to accept what he says as
being absolutely true and correct.  :-)

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from