[OM] Re: (OM) Solstice web-site news // 28f2.8 reprise.

Subject: [OM] Re: (OM) Solstice web-site news // 28f2.8 reprise.
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 13:50:11 -0800
Fernando Gonzalez Gentile wrote:

>Moose, what does 'goobeldygook' mean?
>Can't find it on Merriam Webster's (1997) nor in Oxford Advanced Learner's
>Dictionary of Current English (1974)

It's the sort of word that invites free spelling, or possibly I didn't
feel like looking for a spelling, as spellings of slang words often differ.

Since you ask, this slang dictionary spells and defines it as follows
<http://www.probertencyclopaedia.com/ZGD.HTM>:

GOBBLEDYGOOK: Gobbledygook is slang for nonsense.

Could I have just typed "nonsense"? Sure, but it doesn't conver the same
flavor of hopeless meaninglessness that I wanted.

Moose