[OM] Vuescan question

Subject: [OM] Vuescan question
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 16:56:52 -0800
When I do a scan I'm saving a 48 bit tiif with light dust removal and a
48 bit raw tiff. Am I correct in assuming that this means the scanner is
doing an IR pass as well as the RGB? But when I open the raw tiff there
are plenty of dust spots. So should I set the scanner to save a 64 bit
RGBI raw tiff for archival purposes? The extra 16 bits being the IR
channel I am again assuming. I would like to go back to the raw file and
output a new dust free tiff without having to re scan. Or do I have to
open the raw file in VueScan to output the new tiff to PS?

Thanks,
Mike