[OM] Re: (OM) resolution of images

Subject: [OM] Re: (OM) resolution of images
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 18:59:26 +1300
Hi all

Walt wrote
> Brian,
>
> The 100/2 Zuiko is one of my favorites, so regarding the observation that it
> may be less sharp, as Samuel L. Jackson so eloquently put it in one of my
> favorite scenes (Chapt. 1, Scene 4) in Pulp Fiction: "Oh, well, allow me to
> retort!"

The Zuiko 100/2 fascinates me. Who wouldn't be in awe of its sheer weight
and that front element, not to mention the results it can deliver !

However, in my experience it doesn't give of its best all that easily, and I
find it quite a challenge to understand. Which is why I posted the comparative
results.

My opinion still is that to get the best of this lens, it is imperative to
control / eliminate all sources of vibration. In all the forms it comes in. More
than for many lenses.

I should also mention that the two slides I compared were created about 2
years ago, I have only just got around to scanning them on my "new" 9-years
old film scanner.

Your mileage may vary !!

Brian