[OM] Re: Evolt review

Subject: [OM] Re: Evolt review
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 12:43:20 -0800 (PST)
> It is true, I don't lie (unles for money, sex or pleasure...:)
> The 20 D is noisier than the Digital Rebel.

Define "noise"?  Any noise increase is more than offset by the
fact that it is smaller.  If you are referring to imaging noise,
the 20D is no slouch.  Absolutely nothing to worry about there.
If you are referring to sonic noise, well both sound like
somebody using a fly swatter.

I spent some quality time with the 20D a few days ago and was
quite impressed.  The speed and responsiveness of the camera is
staggering.  I can fill a 1GB card in seconds!  The grip doesn't
bother my wrist very much and the focus screen is actually
capable of being focused on.  But those idiot lights flashing
all over is rather irritating.

However, it ain't no Olympus.  From a pure ergonomics
perspective the E-1 is still far superior.

Haven't held the (r)EVOLT yet, but the viewfinder sounds aweful.
My next DSLR purchase WILL be exclusively based on the
viewfinder, I think.

AG

http://my.yahoo.com