[OM] Re: OM to E adaptor, Oz perspective

Subject: [OM] Re: OM to E adaptor, Oz perspective
From: John Wheeler <wheelej@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 22:26:52 +1100
G'day Wayne,

Yes, I believe that a batch of, say, fifty, could be produced for less
than $US175 each. I think there are several ways to approach the problem
including Rob's idea of simply joining existing mounts. However I would
prefer to make an adapter similar to existing designs as this would be
the least expensive (buying a bunch of existing spare parts may prove a
little daunting and may also cause some raised eyebrows in unwanted
quarters :-). The first step is of course to reverse engineer an adapter
by measuring, utilising the tools for the production of the item. Once
this is done working drawings can be made with toleranced dimensions
established. Selection of a suitable material wouldn't be difficult and
maintenance of necessary geometric credability using the stated tools no
great problem. But I wonder if there are any legal impediments i.e.,
mount patents etc.

John,
Sydney, Oz.

Wayne Harridge wrote