[OM] Re: Got to handle an E-300!

Subject: [OM] Re: Got to handle an E-300!
From: john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 12:45:06 +0000
On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 17:21:29 -0800, Winsor Crosby
<wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>It's the lens, the format and the mirror size.

It's not so much that the finder image is dim (it is, partly due to
the modest aperture lens, but I've seen worse - like my Bronica ETRS
with 40mm lens) but that the info display is dim and hard to read
because of the poor eye relief so that with glasses worn, it's too far
off right.

The other thing that struck me afterwards was the lack of a coaxial
flash socket. All in all, the old E-10 seemed to be aimed more at the
professional than this one.

Having said that, considering the price and the 8MP resolution,
together with a noise performance that's quite adequate up to 400ASA,
reasonable at 800 and bearable at 1600 in emergency, I'd consider one.
Maybe I'll look for a used 10D though!

Regards

John Gruffydd (Mold, Wales, UK)