[OM] Re: Problem with Winder 2

Subject: [OM] Re: Problem with Winder 2
From: "PhotoSphere Olympus Camera Service" <olyfix@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 11:11:52 -0600
There are 4 screws that hold the base onto the body of the winders.
Sometimes the long screw that should go at the end where the battery tray is
inserted is mistakenly screwed into the left hole in the back of the winder.
That opening is just over the circuit board, and if the long screw is put
there it will likely short and/or cut a trace on the circuit board.

You might try first removing the screw that's in the left rear of the winder
to see if it's the long one.  If so, leave it out and check and see if the
winder works properly without it.  If that isn't the long screw, or if that
doesn't correct the problems, the trace may have been cut.  A broken trace
can be easily jumped -- the base has to be removed, then the cover plate,
and you're there.

Or it might be something entirely different, of course!