[OM] Re: 35mm Film

Subject: [OM] Re: 35mm Film
From: jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 10:21:42 -0600
"Restrictive" meaning you need to shoot at that stop sometimes?

I think the primary benefit of that stop is the extra
brightness in the viewfinder.  It makes the lenses more
pleasant to use with the series 1 screens.  With series 2
screens, the f2 lenses can almost be too bright sometimes.

I don't think I've ever wanted to get shallower DOF than
F2.8 with the 90/2.  That lens is usually at f8-f16 when
shooting at macro distances, but the speed makes it
extraordinarily nice to use.

Even so, f2.8 is no slouch.  Plus, the sizes of the f2.8
Zuiko primes is sort of what OM is all about.

Joel W.