[OM] Re: 35mm Film

Subject: [OM] Re: 35mm Film
From: "Simon Worby" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 07:23:53 -0000
Mike wrote:

> So which is best. Use higher ASA like 400 to get a
> faster shutter speed at the sacrifice of grain or go
> for the fine grain 100ASA and risk camera shake? (Assuming
> we don't have time to set up the tripod)

I have one body with 100 in for really good photos in good conditions/good
bounce flash, and the automatic one (4T) with 400 for quick snapshots/F280
flash.

> Personally I go for the higher ASA as I believe the
> sharpness limit of most photos is not optics nor film
> but operator error.

Given the choice of one or the other, I agree with you, hence the all-purpose
4T/400ASA/F280 combo. But with good bodies from £50 there is no need to
sacrifice unless space is an issue. And even then, it's not as if chaning films
half way through is difficult; and you only lose one frame each change.

Regards,

Simon