[OM] Re: WTB: good quality 1.4 or 1.5 TC

Subject: [OM] Re: WTB: good quality 1.4 or 1.5 TC
From: Bernard Frangoulis <lists@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 08:22:29 +0100
>I have a Vivitar 1.5x that appears to have 2 elements(?). It's marked:
>1.5x-21. Is yours the same? Mine also fits very loosely. My  experience is not
>good....poor contrast. It just doesn't
>complement my Zuikos  well. I'm going to
>hang on to it until I can afford a Zuiko 1.4x, but was  wondering if it's the
>same as yours.
>
>Dave in Denver

Yes, that's the one.

The problem with the Zuiko 1.4x, besides the
rather high price, is that it does not fit all
lenses. For instance I could not use it with my
135/2.8, making a very compact 200/4 for my
"light travel" Domke bag. That's why I was
wondering if other 1.5x converters were any
better: Kenko, Kiron, Soligor... - anybody has
tested them?

Bernard