[OM] Re: [Flash question] What happens if...

Subject: [OM] Re: [Flash question] What happens if...
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 17:38:50 -0000
Johan, you are proposing to use the F280 as the master, and the studio
flashes both as slave?
It seems to me that:

1       with the 4Ti in TTL auto mode, the camera has no way of controlling
the output from the slave flashes.  I assume that the output from 2xstudio
flashes will be much greater than from the F280.  I think that option won't
work.

2       with the F280 in SuperFP mode, the slaves might not fire reliably,
and the non-FP slave flash will drown the F280 output, so you are likely to
end up with an over-exposed vertical strip, and the rest of the frame
underexposed (but maybe not UNexposed).

3       with the F280 in normal auto T mode, your only problem might be
getting the right balance between the auto F280 and the slave studio flasges
(non auto, I assume).

4       You would be better wortjing out guide numbers

5       best of all would be a flashmeter!

HTH

--
Piers