[OM] Re: Olympus RAW files?

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus RAW files?
From: jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 13:26:08 -0600
Quoting Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

> I think
> all these
> camera software solutions have their problems, as does
> Adobe. It is a
> trick to work around them.

If you can share some tips on things that have helped to
work around the oddities, please do!

> I have been thinking that archiving the PSD file may be
> the way to go
> rather than raw. I can't imagine that PSD would ever
> become
> inaccessible. Anyone have a thought on that?
>

> Winsor

Several years ago I began storing all my scans from film as
.psd files.  I had been storing them as TIFFs but began
saving custom channels and layers in some cases which pretty
much required staying within the .psd format.  Those files
load faster in PS too.  I don't see that there is anything
wrong with the idea.

Joel W.