[OM] Re: (OT) Guthrie's lost songs (was Re: Re: [photo] Winter 1)

Subject: [OM] Re: (OT) Guthrie's lost songs (was Re: Re: [photo] Winter 1)
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 22:42:17 -0600
Walt,
I slapped my head and said "Doh" as soon as I clicked send.  Bad email
reading skills.  Mea culpa.

I think I'm with you about over-analysis.  I just enjoy the feast of
language and his many voices and forms of delivery.  I get enthralled by a
phrase once in while, but I don't try to turn the songs into the Summa
Theologica.

In many ways he's been saving his best work for last.  "Love and Theft" is
probably my favorite record of the past 5 years.  Best on vinyl, of course. :)

Joel W.