[OM] Re: #024

Subject: [OM] Re: #024
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 02:14:00 -0800
Richard Lovison wrote:

>Once again, that is an incredibly, beautiful shot.  Are the colors that
>pastel this time of year?  It's almost dreamlike.  Love the sheep.
>
>Have you touched the main trunk of that tree or possibly sat down and
>put your back against it?  I know it may sound a bit strange but I
>always feel an urge to do just that when I sense a connection with a
>tree. Usually it's one of great age, a birch, fir or hemlock.

Well, that sounds more like us tree huggers in Bezerkeley. Only around
here it's more like oak, laurel, redwood. Both the bay laurels and the
live oaks here often grow multiple main branches almost at ground level,
making wonderful places big enough in old ones to sit or stand in the
center of the tree's energy. Sort of like the tree hugs you.

Beech is nice where you live too, good trees.

Moose