[OM] Re: Shoe 4

Subject: [OM] Re: Shoe 4
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 08:17:41 -0500
The small hole on a plain 2 is for ttl feedback.  It has a much stronger
spring at the bottom, so cleaning from the outside is less likely to bend it
down, but it still can happen, just go easy.  If the spring gets bent down,
it will no longer touch the ttl pin of shoe 2 / 3, so when you fire the
camera flash will go full dump.
On the other hand, the springs in the 1n / 2N are very light and very easily
bent.  A little too much pressure with anything will bend them down, moving
them away from the mating pins of Shoe 4. In the 2N, you end up with no ttl
flash and no viewfinder LED.

John Hermanson
Camtech Photo Services, Inc.
21 South Lane, Huntington, NY, 11743-4714,
631-424-2121, www.zuiko.com
Olympus OM Service since 1977