[OM] Re: Good Lens?

Subject: [OM] Re: Good Lens?
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 07:43:33 -0700
At 03:59 AM 21/01/2005, Rob Smith wrote:

[snip]

>A collegue of mine also has an OM10, and brought in his lens to show me.
>He is very dissapointed with it saying it produces very flat lifeless
>pictures.
>It is a SIRIUS  60-300mm  f4
>
>Does anyone have any views on is it a good or bad lens?

I've never heard of the brand.  The fact that I cannot triangulate it in my
mind, along with my inability to find any definitive info about this lens
anywhere on the Web, suggests that it's an "off-brand" created by some
workaday optics company that's been re-branded (or, I guess, "branded" in
this case) as a Sirius.  God only knows where it's made or by whom, but
I'll bet it was dirt cheap to buy.

Which is why dirt-cheap optics are almost never a bargain.

My $0.02 worth.

Garth