[OM] Re: Simple questions about T45

Subject: [OM] Re: Simple questions about T45
From: "Andreas Pirner" <AndreasPirner@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 22:57:30 +0100
Fernando Gonzalez Gentile wrote:
Andreas Pirner wrote:
> > As long as both flashes are at the same distance from
> > the illuminated object, and not more than about 45? off
> > the axis of the lens, the output of two flashes with
> > the same GN is calculated by GN * sqr(2) = GN * 1,41
> > -- with two T32 you get the GN 45.

> Thanks Andreas, that was an answer I really wanted  to know.

> > T32 in hot shoe with cable from its plug to BG2 with
> > the second T32 is the easiest setup of a 'fake T45'.

> Yes, I bet so. But I'm losing the possibility of daisy chaining T-32s
> besides losing the advantages of off-axis.

If you connect up to 9 (some say even up to 14)
flashes to a OTF/TTF OM, You just daisy chain them
by wiring the T Cords as you like: T20 connectors,
multi connectors, flash to BG2 -- you name it, free
choice. With the final setup the camera just 'looks'
through the lens, sees all the light coming from
all the flashes, and quenches off ALL when the total
culmulative amount of light is 'enough' to expose
properly. Flashes closer to object and flashes with
higher power then would have contributed more to the
exposure than the others. They have been brighter.
Simple as that, no more magic to it. No calculation,
no hassles. You may compose the light setup by just
placing your flashes closer or not and thus create
the weights of what each flash contributes. That IS
the main advantage of OTF/TTL multi flash, which
Olympus pioneered and did perfectly. Others never
did better.

Andreas