[OM] new member

Subject: [OM] new member
From: "Maarten Schulte" <maarten.schulte@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 18:27:46 +0100
Hi,

I just recently signed up (again) to the Olympus mailing list.

After following the discussions for a couple of day's I decided it was time
to make my presence known.

Just a short introduction.

My name is Maarten I live in the Netherlands and have been a faithful
Olympus photographer and collector since I bought my first OM-10 black back
in 1982 or so. Since than I have owned (OM40/OM2-sp) and still own numerous
OM camera's (om4-ti/OM3/ OM-2N/OM1)a bunch of lenses and other gear.

Since Olympus recently introduced the e-300 I'm now considering, with some
hesitation, making the move to digital photography. I'm very curious what
other Olympus fanatic's opinion is about this camera.

So I was pleased to see that some of you already have hands on experience
with the e-300.

The sad part is that I will have to shed some of my OM gear to pay for the
new camera.

Looking forward o following/participating in the discussions on the mailing
list.

Just to start of with a question.

I know that there is a E1/300 adapter which allows you to use older Zuiko
lenses.

(about $175,- at http://CameraQuest.com <http://cameraquest.com/>

Is this a good idea?

Regards