[OM] Re: 35mm Film

Subject: [OM] Re: 35mm Film
From: "Alienspecimen" <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 13:27:04 -0500 (EST)

You will not be disapointed by this film (Superia 400).  Outdoor photographer
rated it very highly a couple of years ago.  According to them, its grain is
comparable to the grain of the 100 ASA films, even better.
I like it, because its greens are very "convincing".  You might want to
overexpose it at least 2/3 of a stop as I do.  I found this to be the cure for
the colors and grain in the underexposed areas.  You will be surprized how much
info it is recorded in the highlights once you start to tweak in PS.
One can get a better price at the other favorite store-Wallymart.  A pack of
four rolls goes for $6.88
Boris
P.S.  I have used Fuji's cheap slide film rated at 100 ASA (name escapes
now)and from what I see, Superia gives me images with less grain in the sky,
one day I will make scans and post them.

Reason has always existed, but not always in a reasonable form.

So which is best. Use higher ASA like 400 to get a faster shutter speed
at the sacrifice of grain or go for the fine grain 100ASA and risk
camera shake? (Assuming we don't have time to set up the tripod)
Personally I go for the higher ASA as I believe the sharpness limit of
most photos is not optics nor film but operator error.

BTW B&H has a sale on Fuji Superia  3 packs, 2x 400 and 1x 800 for $10.
I bought a few to try out the 800. might make a good dreary wet winter film.

 Mike

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com