[OM] Re: anyone with opinions on Mamiya 645 or Bronica 645 cameras?

Subject: [OM] Re: anyone with opinions on Mamiya 645 or Bronica 645 cameras?
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 11:21:36 -0800
Bronica has been discontinued due to lack of sales. If you buy one
expecting good after market service and availability of parts,
accessories, lenses, etc., you may be disappointed. And Bronica does
not have a sterling reliability reputation. If you go with this brand
anyway there are web sites with advice on medium format that give
advice on which Bronica models to avoid.

You probably should at least consider the changing technology picture
too. The 645 format is starting to undergo the same shift to digital
that has occurred with DSLRs. Perhaps you should get one that has the
capability to operate with a digital back even if you do not plan to do
that immediately. That would mean one of the more recent models. Or
just resign yourself to replacing it down the road.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA