[OM] Re: [Photo] Winter 2

Subject: [OM] Re: [Photo] Winter 2
From: Richard Lovison <sylv4700@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 20:48:42 -0800 (PST)
Hi Andrew,

Thanks for looking.  Depending on how much snow is in the scene and how
much is in direct sunlight, I usually take an average meter reading (if
I'm in a hurry and fighting the cold) and then increase exposure 1 to 2
1/2 stops.  And remember, I'm shooting negative film which is more
forgiving for metering errors than slide film.

Another method I imagine would be to meter off an 18% gray card in the
same light to determine exposure.  Might be a pain to do in the cold...
one more piece of gear to pull out of the camera bag.

Richard

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250