[OM] Re: OT: Apostrophe's (sic.) (was: Re: Can anyone use a Varimagni fi

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: Apostrophe's (sic.) (was: Re: Can anyone use a Varimagni finder?)
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 16:54:34 +1100
My understanding was that you added an apostrophe only for a singular
subject and an  -'s for a plural subject. Thus, Fildes' car is my
wife's car and Fildes's car is the SUV which I'm allowed to use if that
suits the rest of the tribe.
Given my name, I need to know and i gave my copy of Truss' book (!) to
my son - can't anyone go and check it! She is the authority after all.
AndrewF