[OM] x-ray exposure vs time to develop--does it matter?

Subject: [OM] x-ray exposure vs time to develop--does it matter?
From: Siddiq <iddibhai@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 23:02:24 -0800
Does storage of film after being exposed to X-ray scanners in airports
matter? I'm down to last couple rolls of NPH (ISO400) that was zapped at
least a dozen times (a few of the newer units, and a few older ones, and
one industrial huge sized one) just over a year ago. When I developed the
bulk of those rolls immediately upon return, there was little or no sign
of fog on the film, but the rolls I'm shooting now, one year later, are
coming up progressively more and more fogged to the point be being
useless. Is it because xray damage, once started, spreads? Film shot this
summer did not show nearly as much fog. Comments?

--
/S
aim:iddibhai