[OM] Re: [Photo] Winter 2

Subject: [OM] Re: [Photo] Winter 2
From: Richard Lovison <sylv4700@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 06:04:22 -0800 (PST)
--- Andrew L Wendelborn <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Interesting -- thanks for your reply.
>
> As you used a 4t, I was actually wondering if you had tried taking a
> spot reading off the snow and pressing the highlight button (maybe
> with some
> suitable fine tuning)?

I know, I have all that automation available to me and I choose a
manual method of exposure.  Just the way I was taught I guess.

I sometimes use the spot meter to get a feel of how many stops of light
are in the scene if I feel the range is too large to be captured by the
film I'm using.  If this is the case I'll choose to pass it by, expose
for the highlights or shadows or use a graduated ND filter.  And of
course, the auto mode and self timer are nice when my exposure is
longer than 1 second and I don't have my hand held light meter or cable
release.

Richard

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250