[OM] Re: [OM]OT, Way, way OT Re: Oops!

Subject: [OM] Re: [OM]OT, Way, way OT Re: Oops!
From: Thomas Clausen <T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 17:18:47 +0100

On 24 Jan 2005, at 15:28, asud journal wrote:

> Not at all, paris is a nice city for driving, at nigth:-)
> Loïc, un Parisien.

As a foreigner living in Paris, I can confirm that there are traffic
rules in Paris. It's just that they only apply to foreigners. For
locals, they're not as much rules as they are suggestions and ideas,
which one may -- or may not -- chose to follow at the parisian drivers
own discretion.

I've had to jump for my life (literally) in a pedestrian crossing (it
was green for me) when a police-car (without horn and flashlight)
decided that "read light == go". The officer driving just gave me a
grin, then speeded on -- not even bothering to stop to see if I was OK.
No Zuiko's were damaged in the event.

No wonder the metro is as popular as it is here.....

I've been living here since '99. When I drive here, my parisian friends
think that I drive like an old lady -- my danish friends think that I
drive like a crazy person.....

--thomas