[OM] Re: x-ray exposure vs time to develop--does it matter?

Subject: [OM] Re: x-ray exposure vs time to develop--does it matter?
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 09:58:17 -0800
That is interesting. I have read many times that film once exposed for
photographic purposes deteriorates much more rapidly than unexposed
film. Thus, the frequent advise not to leave film in the camera for
long period. I used to do that and never noticed deterioration after
close to a year though. I wonder whether Xray exposure could start a
deterioration process though.

At any rate, film is a photochemical process and chemistry is always
slowed by low temperatures.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA