[OM] Slightly OT: Slide Projectors

Subject: [OM] Slightly OT: Slide Projectors
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 14:13:15 -0500
Ross said:
... Yesterday at a rummage sale, on a whim I grabbed
an older Kodak Carousel 600 with a malfunctioning advance for $5.
(The malfunction is that it's stuck advancing constantly.)

About two years ago I began shooting slides again after a lull of 10-15
years.  When I pulled the Kodak Carousel 750H out of storage I was a bit
chagrined to discover that the arm that lowers the slide into the
projection path wasn't operating at all.  The carousel would advance but
no slides would drop down for display.

I removed the condensers for cleaning and did some internal inspection
but could not see any obvious cause of trouble.  After cogitating on the
problem for a bit I came to the conclusion that it must simply be some
sticky grease.  I chose a high tech solution... sit there for a long
time with the advance button depressed.  Eventually it started operating
in a hesitating fashion and after a bit longer started operating
normally.  Still works fine now.

Maybe yours is the same.

Chuck Norcutt