[OM] Re: FS: 35-70/3.6

Subject: [OM] Re: FS: 35-70/3.6
From: Richard Lovison <sylv4700@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 13:09:30 -0800 (PST)
Hi Bill,

I've been looking for a good example of this lens for quite some time.
I'm in a middle of a dispute with a seller on eBay at the moment over a
sale of this same lens model for $175.  The unit was in excellent shape
cosmetically, came with a case and hood but I discovered two scratches,
one on the front element and one internally using a bright light test.
Anyhow, the seller agreed to offer a refund, I shipped the lens back to
him in good faith, he made me wait two weeks after he received the lens
for a refund and then informed me I was subject to a 20% restocking
fee.  I put an end to the process with a bank dispute filed with my
credit card.  So at the moment I'm waiting for the dust to clear.

I expressed interest in a 35-105/3.5-4.5 offered by another list member
and now I'm on the fence as to which one to purchase.  The 35-70 looks
to be sharper at the apertures I shoot at though may have a bit less
contrast than the 35-105.  A couple of questions:  Have you looked
through the lens from the rear at a bright light source to determine
that there were no scratches?  How would you want payment?

Regards,
Richard

http://my.yahoo.com