[OM] Re: Tri-X pan 120 film

Subject: [OM] Re: Tri-X pan 120 film
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 19:02:55 +0000
John,

TXP = Tri-X Pan Professional.  Shoot it at 320 if you'll be printing using an
enlarger with a diffusion, cold light or color head.  If you print with a
condenser enlarger, shoot at 640.  Either way, develop for 8 minutes in
straight D-76 at 68F.  (For some reason, Kodak doesn't recommend souping this
emulsion in D-76 1:1.)  If you're scanning, you'll probably be happier shooting
it at 320, particularly if your scanner has a dynamic range of 4.0 or better.

Plus-X is finer-grained than Tri-X.  It's great in D-76 1:1, and maybe even
better in Rodinol 1:50.  It's fine-grained enough that I'm scanning negatives
at 5400 dpi and can barely resolve the grain.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --