[OM] Re: haggis on film

Subject: [OM] Re: haggis on film
From: Robert McFetridge <rmcfet@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 15:22:51 -0500
I saw in the news today that a chef in London injected a few drams of
scotch into a haggis for a party. What was striking it that the scotch
is one of 83 bottles decanted off a barrel in 1952 at Jamiesons. Value:
$14,000.00 per bottle. Then he poured some more on top when it was
served. No picture; so I  can't say if anyone had an Oly at the event.
On Jan 25, 2005, at 13:59, Chris Barker wrote:

> Harrummph!  I am having haggis forced upon me this evening (at home,
> not at a Burns Supper).  So I shall just have to have a spot of malt to
> wash it down ...
>
> ... bugger the diet!
>
> Chris
>
> On 25 Jan 2005, at 18:50, John Hudson wrote:
>
>> Are any Scots at home or abroad taking their OMs to their local Burns
>> Night
>> supper today [25 Jan... Robert Burns' 245th birthday] to record the
>> piping
>> in of the haggis, neeps and tatties?
>>
>> Here in New Scotland everyones' attention seems to be focused on
>> clearing up
>> after the latest winter blizzard.
>>
>> John Hudson
>> Nova Scotia