[OM] problem with file naming on my Oly E-10

Subject: [OM] problem with file naming on my Oly E-10
From: Craig Cunningham <cunninghamster1954@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 20:28:58 -0800 (PST)
My Olympus E-10 has its file naming option set to
"Automatic," meaning that the sequence number of the
shots increments steadily no matter what memory card
is in use.

All of a sudden (as of January 15th) the sequence
number dropped back to 0001. I've confirmed that the
menu option is still on "Automatic," not on "Reset."

I'm way past trying to figure out what happened.
(Other
camera settings were odd -- there may have been some
sort of internal bad hair day).

I just want to know if there's any way of getting the
sequence number back to where it should be, short of
taking a day off and shooting six thousand pictures of
my toes.

This is a big deal to me: I rely on that number
heavily in my archiving and indexing schemes.

- Craig

The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!
http://my.yahoo.com