[OM] Re: What's so good about the Zuiko 50/2 ??

Subject: [OM] Re: What's so good about the Zuiko 50/2 ??
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 08:48:30 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: <iwert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, 26 January, 2005 07:52 AM

Iwert wrote ...

snip

> I like to use a hood on my lenses, the 50f2 has one build in, greatly
improving contrast. It also is a big and hefty lens, which >I started to
like, since the combo body+lens feels like a brick in my hands and improves
stability. considering the build in >hood, it still is a compact lens.

For what reason does a built in hood greatly improve contrast [over a
properly fitting detachable hood?] or is it the case that this lens cannot
take a detachable hood?

John Hudson

snip