[OM] Re: haggis on film

Subject: [OM] Re: haggis on film
From: "James N. McBride" <jnmcbr@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 21:57:09 -0700
As I understand it, the cows got the disease from eating sheep brains and
other offal that contained the infected nerve tissue. People will feed cows
some strange things to save money. A guy I know had a cattle feed lot with
about 5000 animals and he was feeding them potato starch from potato
processing plants. Their farts smelled so bad the neighbors sued and
eventually shut him down. The stench was so bad the other farmers in the
area were even complaining. When the wind came from that direction we could
smell it here and we are about six miles from him. No photo ops here......
/jmac