[OM] Re: Back on-list, and a question

Subject: [OM] Re: Back on-list, and a question
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 17:45:47 +0000
I agree completely.  I've got three OM-4s and three OM-4T(i)s, and I choose
which to use based solely on what kind of film it's loaded with, since I often
have four or five bodies loaded with different emulsions.  IMO, the F280 is
pretty much a failed idea, not worth the effort to fool with, so even for
flash, they're all equal.  And the battery drain bugaboo thing is greatly
exaggerated by some.  Two of my three OM-4s are of the so-called battery-eating
variety, and with fresh 357s, they go 6-8 months, with regular use, on a pair.
Big deal!  I can feed them both for a year for the price of one roll of Plus-X.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --

From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
[snip]
> You can get a very nice OM4 for $250. I seldom pay any attention to whether
> I'm using a 4 or a 4T ... for non-flash use they are essentially identical.
> A 4T will probably cost about $400 for champagne or about $600 for black in
> very nice conditon. My experience has been that battery drain on the OM4 is
> not a problem. I bought a used one that jammed after my son had it for six
> months but I haven't seen any electronics problems yet. My first OM4, which
> I bought new about 20 years ago, had to have a little adjustment recently so
> that a worn lens would lock into place (both the OM4 mount and lens mount
> had rounded edges). I use an OM4 nearly all of the time.
[snip]