[OM] Re: [Photo] Winter 4

Subject: [OM] Re: [Photo] Winter 4
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 07:56:10 +0000
I have just seen this shot, and it is a good one Richard.  I disagree
that any photos put on the internet at viewable size like this tell us
anything about the lens – its sharpness, resolution etc... – but its
specifications have worked for Richard ... again.

On the other hand, I remember the Amateur Photographer review of the
35-70/4 from around 20 years ago it was excellent, particularly its
sharpness.

I like this shot particularly because the jpeg rolls down from the top
looking grey and boring, only to light up as the water and foreground
brightness come into view.  The still water and the spit of
snow-covered land contrasting with the grey, grey sky make it a very
interesting, almost luminous composition.

Chris