[OM] problem with file naming on my Oly E-10

Subject: [OM] problem with file naming on my Oly E-10
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 08:32:04 -0500
Craig said:

My Olympus E-10 has its file naming option set to
"Automatic," meaning that the sequence number of the
shots increments steadily no matter what memory card
is in use.

All of a sudden (as of January 15th) the sequence
number dropped back to 0001. I've confirmed that the
menu option is still on "Automatic," not on "Reset."

I'm way past trying to figure out what happened.
(Other
camera settings were odd -- there may have been some
sort of internal bad hair day).

I just want to know if there's any way of getting the
sequence number back to where it should be, short of
taking a day off and shooting six thousand pictures of
my toes.

This is a big deal to me: I rely on that number
heavily in my archiving and indexing schemes.

If you are unable to resolve this at the camera I suggest you go here
<http://www.breezesys.com/downloads.htm>
and download a copy of the "Downloader Pro" product.  You may find you
want to use it even if you do get the problem resolved at the camera.

Both "Downloader Pro" and "BreezeBrowser" provide you a sort of meta
language using tokens that allows you 92 ways to Sunday to rename files.
  In your case it might be as simple as adding a constant to the file
number supplied by the camera but the program is far more versatile than
that.

Downloader allows controlling, creating and naming the destination
directories and renaming of files as they are being downloaded from the
CF card.  BreezeBrowser (file viewing and management and raw conversion)
also allows the same renaming capability once the files are in place on
the hard drive.

I own both products and wouldn't be without either one of them.  Both
products have a free evaluation period.  Note that BreezeBrowser and
BreezeBrowser Pro are different products with the Pro version recently
annnounced.  I haven't upgraded yet but will probably do so since it now
provides side-by-side paired comparison image viewing which is something
I have wanted.

Chuck Norcutt