[OM] UK Repairs - Colchester Camera Repairs - Report

Subject: [OM] UK Repairs - Colchester Camera Repairs - Report
From: "Simon Worby" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 14:34:32 -0000
I now have my camera back from Colchester Camera Repairs. There was a problem
with incorrect functioning when connected to MD/Winder. I spoke to them before
sending it off and was quoted £25 if it just needed the contacts cleaning up
and setting; more if it needed parts, etc. or a full service.

Camera sent off 06.01.05
Camera delivered to CCR 07.01.05 (Post Office report)
Camera logged onto CCR system 11.01.05
I called CCR on 12.01.05 to find out line above.

No communication until:

I called CCR yesterday 27.01.05 (3 weeks minus one day since its arrival); job
was done; they were going to send invoice for payment, even though cost was
only £25 (which I had authorised in my accompanying letter anyway); paid by
C/C; received camera by SD this morning 28.01.05. Tested camera; problem fixed.

So:
1/10 for communication
3/10 for haste (waiting time acceptable, but they don't help themselves to
speed turnaround)
10/10 for honesty (though could have said it needed more doing to it than just
£25 or work)
10/10 for the work (no damage to screws, etc. so nice job and it's fixed)

The important bits are the last two; so basically I'm very happy. Definitely a
nail in the coffin for Luton Cameras. I have another camera to send to CCR soon.

Out of interest I also have an oily 55/1.2 at a chap in Derby. Will report back
when I get the lens back. Already his communication has been much better
(e-mail to confirm the arrival of the lens). But he doesn't appear to do
complicated cameras.

Regards to all,

Simon