[OM] (OM) Solstice site news (good)

Subject: [OM] (OM) Solstice site news (good)
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 23:26:59 +1300
Hello all

To view new images from two esteemed list members, scroll to near the
bottom of the menu at
http://homepages.caverock.net.nz/~bj/solstice/2004/2004.htm

One shot was made with an E1, and this revealed an interesting feature of
jpegs coming from that camera.

Not only did a jpeg image 800 pixels wide have an incredibly small file size
(about 41kb, from memory, whereas scanned images may be as much as
220 kb), but when I loaded it into Adobe PhotoDeluxe and checked its size,
that was reported as being 600 pixels wide. Didn't fool my old browser
though which showed 800 pixels.

So I had to take this 800 pixel image that reported as 600, and resize it
"down" to 640, to get an image that displays as 640 pixels wide.

Weird.  But I suppose there's a logical explanation for this which may be due
to new file style variants under the same name.

Enjoy the site.

Brian