[OM] Olympus C-5000

Subject: [OM] Olympus C-5000
From: Richard Lovison <sylv4700@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 05:59:34 -0800 (PST)
My wife's birthday is coming up in March and she expressed interest in
a digital point and shoot.  So I thought I'd take a look around and see
what is offered though I admit I'm clueless when it comes to digital
equipment. I was looking at a C-5000 refurbished unit from Olympus
Auctions that fell within my price range of $200-$300.  Does anyone
have any opinions on this  model, either pro or con?  I also looked at
a C-5060 though the reviews pointed out a purple fringing problem.
Skip sold an Olympus model a while back and though I was impressed with
its reviews I can't remember the model number.  If anyone has any
recommendations in the price range I'm looking in, Olympus or the
"other ones", let me know.  This film shooter needs all the help he can
get. :)

Richard

http://my.yahoo.com