[OM] Re: a page from the journal

Subject: [OM] Re: a page from the journal
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 12:25:26 -0600
At 05:24 PM 1/29/2005 +1100, you wrote:

>Guess I should include the URL so you can find it easily !
>
>http://lrh.structuregraphs.com/diary-20050127.htm

That's an interesting composition.  The inclusion of the vast plain to the
left and careful control of DOF does convey a feeling of loneliness.

While driving through Montana I noted many of these, not in the mountains,
but on straight tracks of road.  The practice of staking a cross is not
uncommon, but there were so many of them, and at such unlikely places, I
thought there must be some other significance. I asked a friend about it
and she said that people just fall asleep in that vast place and run off
the road.  Mostly all single car crashes.  It's worse in winter when it
starts to get dark around 3:30 PM and there's not much to do other than
drive to some watering hole 50 miles away.  50 miles between objects of
interest is nothing in Montana.

Joel W.