[OM] Re: sheet film processing

Subject: [OM] Re: sheet film processing
From: Earl Dunbar <edunbar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 07:26:26 -0800
Bill:

Thanks for your input.  I have no intention of doing my own colour sheet
film.  I HAVE done 35mm E6 in the past.  I approached it with
trepidation, but the Agfa 64 came out beautifully, and I would do it
again if I was doing a fair amount of colour transparency in 35mm.  But
I digress.

I use the Zone system.  I controlled development compensation through a
combination of time and developer dilution.  I use one-shot developers
such as HC-100, Rodinal, FG-7, but would be open to exploring other
chemistries, including Pyro formulations when working with something
like Bergger.

My printing was been on silver-rich papers such as Zone VI Brilliant or
Gallerie in Amidol.  I'm not sure what I will use when I resume; I may
give some other papers a try, too.

A dip & dunk line using 4x5 tanks is what I had in the back of my mind,
so this is likely the way I will go.  Developing proper technique will
take some practice.

Earl